[ Hebrew ]]




Work/Entry permits are issued to any non-Kenyans wishing to engage in employment in Kenya whether in gainful employent or voluntary service. 

Therefore, all non-Kenyan citizens must be in possession of an Entry/Work permit or exemption, issued by the Office of the Director of Immigration Services, before taking up employment in Kenya, whether paid or unpaid.

To obtain Permit application form click here..


Non-Kenyan students
intending to pursue studies in Kenya at any level (from Primary to Tertiary levels), including internships must obtain a Pupils Pass. A Pupil Pass is document issued to person(s) seeking to enter and remain in the country for the purpose of receiving education or training at an educational or training establishment within the country by which he/she has been accepted as a student/pupil.



  1. Application form (Form 8 click here..) dully filled signed and stamped
  2. Cover/forwarding Letter from school stating the course and course duration.
  3. Copy of the Student/Pupil’s Passport showing:
  • Bio data pages
  • Visa page
  1. Two passport size photos
  2. Commitment letter from parent/legal guardian/sponsor
  3. The institution applying must be registered as an educational establishment. If the institution is relatively new, a copy of registration must be submitted together with the application

 Processing Fee: NIS. 220.00 per year or part thereof.
In this regard, one Must obtain a Kenya Pupils Pass from the Director of Immigration Services before embarking on their studies.


Non-Kenyans who may wish to carry out short-term business assignments whether paid or unpaid.

A Special Permit is a document issued from the Director of Immigration Services, to person(s) who have been given specific employment by a specific employer for a short duration not exceeding three (3) months.


  1. Application Form (Form 10 click here..) dully filled and signed.
  2. Copy of the National Passport.
  3. Two passport size photos
  4. Forwarding letter from institution/applicant
  5. Clearance from regulatory bodies (for example, Medical and Dentist Board, Pharmacy and Poisons Board, Engineering Board, NGO Council, Ministry of Information etc).

Processing Fee

NIS. 150.00 For filming crew
NIS. 905.00 For the others



  1. To apply for a Dependent Pass, the applicant must either be:
  • Kenyan
  • Holder of valid entry permit
  • Exempted person under Immunities Act (Cap. 179) and who are covered under section 4(3) (a) to (g)
  1. Application form (Form 6, click here..) dully filled and signed.
  2. Copy of the National Passport of the dependant.
  3. Two passport size photos of the dependant.
  4. Copy of Birth Certificate or Marriage Certificate for immediate family members.

Processing Fee:

NIS. 75.00 For immediate (nuclear) family members
NIS. 380.00 For other dependants

Note: Applications for issue of Entry/Work Permits, Special Permits and Kenya Pupils Passes are not processed at the Kenya Embassy, Tel Aviv.

The applications should therefore be addressed to:  
                                                                                 The Director of Immigration Services
                                                                                 Department of Immigration
                                                                                 Nyayo House,
                                                                                 P.O. Box 30191-00100
                                                                                 NAIROBI, KENYA
                                                                                 Tel: +245-20-2222022
                                                                                 Fax: +254-20-2220731


All persons who are entitled to privileges and immunities under the Privileges and Immunities Act (Cap. 179) and who are covered under Section 4 (3) (a) to (g) of the Immigration Act (Cap. 172) of the Laws of Kenya do not require Permits or Passes to live, work or study in Kenya.


A bona fide visitor to Kenya may be issued with a visitor’s Permit or Pass on arrival at a port of entry into Kenya valid for a period not exceeding three (3) months in the first instance provided that:

  • The person has a valid passport or other valid travel documents acceptable to the Government of Kenya,
  • Has a valid visa where required,
  • Is in possession of sufficient funds for subsistence while in Kenya and
  • A return or onward ticket to his country of origin, domicile or destination.

Nationals of East African Community (EAC) partner states holding valid Passports and other acceptable travel documents may be issued with a visitor’s Pass on arrival at a port of entry into Kenya valid for six (6) months.

Travelers entering Kenya by road should be advised to pass only through the gazetted entry points (see map of points of entry by visiting the website of the Ministry of State for Immigration and Registration of Persons) and report immediately to an Immigration officer.

Under no circumstances whatsoever, is a Paper visitor’s Pass issued in advance to a person intending to visit Kenya for holiday or business.


V. Permit to Import a Pet (Dog/Cat)

The Kenya Embassy in Israel issues Import Permits under Kenya's Animal Disease & Rabies Act (CAPS 364 & 365). This is an International Veterinary Health Certificate that facilitates Movement Permit for Dogs and Cats only.


Other animals (apart from dogs and cats) are classified as "Domestic" or "Wildlife". Care should therefore be made when importing animals especially wild animals into Kenya which are governed under other Laws and Regulations.

To import a dog or cat into Kenya, the Embassy requires the following:

  • A formal letter from the pet owner requesting for a permit
  • A certified copy of Passport of the owner of the dog or cat
  • Current Health Certificate from a Veterinary doctor
  • A vaccination card for the pet (against rabies) signed by a Veterinary doctor
  • Processing Fee: NIS.200.00 payable to the Embassy's Bank Account
  • Processing time: 1 day

Conditions for importing a dog or cat into Kenya

No dog or cat shall be imported into Kenya from Israel unless:

(1) The animal is accompanied by a certificate from a veterinary surgeon, signed not more than five (5) days prior to the date of departure from the country of origin, certifying that the animal is free from clinical symptoms of any contagious or infectious disease.

(2) The animal is accompanied by a valid Rabies vaccination certificate stating:
  • The type; manufacturer and Batch No. of the vaccine;
    the apparent age of the animal at the time of vaccination;
    the date of vaccination
  • Animals vaccinated against Rabies less than six months prior to arrival in Kenya must also be accompanied by a certificate signed by a Government Veterinary Officer of Israel stating that there has been no case of Rabies within 30 miles of the place of origin of the animal within the preceding six months.

(3) The animal is accompanied by a certificate from the Captain of the ship or aircraft in which the animal travelled to Kenya certifying that the animal has not left the craft between the place of embarkation and the place of entry into Kenya, and has been isolated from all other dogs and cats throughout the journey (from Israel to Kenya).


Any animal arriving into Kenya without the above stated certificates will be kept in quarantine, at the expenses of the owner, for up to six months with the exception that:-

(i) Dogs and cats, imported directly from Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden or the United Kingdom, need not have certificates as per para. 2 (2nd bullet) above;
(ii) Animals in transit for less than 48 hours need not have certificates as per para. 2 (2nd bullet) above, but will be kept in isolation, at the owners expense, during this period. Such animals will only be allowed to leave Kenya by air or sea.

The arrival of any animal entering Kenya other than by sea at the Port of Mombasa or by air at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi must be reported to the nearest Veterinary Office within three (3) days of arrival.

Validity of Rabies Vaccines

A certificate of Rabies vaccination is valid for all dogs which are over the age of 6 months at vaccination and for all cats which are over the age of 4 months at vaccination, for the period specified, providing that one of the following approved vaccines has been used:

a) Phenolized (inactivated) vaccine
Dogs and cats: 1 month to 12 months, post vaccination.

b) Living Avianized vaccine (Flury or Kelev strain)

Dogs: 1 month to 36 months, post vaccination
Cats: 1 month to 12 months, post vaccination

VI. Permit to Import/Export Plant/Plant Products
Kenya has set forth regulations/procedures for importation/exportation of any form of plant material, such as seeds, cuttings, budwood, fresh fruits, flowers, plantlets, timber, and agricultural produce. These regulations are enforced through the Plant Protection Act (Cap 324), the Suppression of Noxious Weeds Act (Cap 325) and the Agricultural Produce (Export) Act (Cap 319) by the Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Services (KEPHIS).
These regulations are aimed at protecting Kenya's mainstay of the economy which is agriculture from foreign pests (insects, pathogens). The following aspects are underlined in the Plant Import/Export Regulations.


  1. ALL persons intending to import into Kenya any plant materials MUST obtain a Plant Import Permit (PIP) from Kenya prior to shipment of such plants from the origin regardless of whether they are duty free, gifts or for commercial or experimental purposes. Download the Plant Import Permit Application Form here..

The Permit specifies the requirements for plant health indicating prohibitions, restricted quarantine importations, and additional declaration with regard to pre-shipment treatments. The original Permit must, therefore, reach the Plant Health Authorities in the country of origin for adherence to Kenya's Import Permit requirements. All importers of propagating/planting material must observe plant breeders rights. Protected varieties should only be imported or used with the consent of the breeders as Kenya is a member of Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV).

  1. Any plant consignment arriving in Kenya should therefore be accompanied by a copy of a Permit by KEPHIS and an additional Health Certificate (Phyto-sanitary Certificate, international model or its equivalent) in full adherence to the specifications set out in the permit. Diseased or insect infested plant materials irrespective of value will be destroyed at the point of entry or shipped back to the country of origin at the owners cost.
  2. It is advised that all people entering Kenya must, therefore, declare all plant materials in their possession on arrival to a plant inspector; it is illegal to import plants into Kenya without proper authority from KEPHIS.
  3. Bio-control Agents: All importation of bio-control agents must be approved by the Kenya Standing Technical Committee on Imports and Exports (KSTCIE). The KSTCIE determines the conditions under which such importations can be made.
  4. Endangered Species: Trade in or movement of endangered species is prohibited in Kenya unless under a CITES Certificate issued by Kenya Wildlife Services.


  • Any person who contravenes or fails to comply with the Plant Protection Act (Cap 324), the Suppression of Noxious Weeds Act (Cap 325) and The Agricultural Produce (Export) Act (Cap 319) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable to a fine or imprisonment or both. In addition, all plants and plant products found not to comply with the regulations will be destroyed at the owner's cost.
  • The Embassy therefore appeals to all Kenyan citizens, and all visitors from Israel to Kenya to ensure that they are fully acquainted with the regulations before importing or exporting any plant material into/out of Kenya.



Home Page | Contact Us | Privacy Policy     

 ©  Kenya Embasy-Tel Aviv.  All Rights Reserved